Worrying. It's what I do.


Why do we let worrying consume us like we do? It seems that every other minute, I find myself worrying about something new. It can be those simple nuisances like What's for dinner? I'm overwhelmed by the clutter in this house. Are all my bills paid? My schedule is way to busy. Then sometimes, they are a little more complex like Will I ever get out of debt? Would my children be okay if the worst happened tomorrow? Will I be able to find a job when I am done with school? Am I doing right as a mother?

We let worrying take over our lives. I can't even count the times I have tossed and turned at night, missing weeks of sleep over worry. Sometimes I worry about silly things, like trying to impress people and doing things because I feel like that is what as a mother, I should do. That's why it is silly

There are those things that you shouldn't worry about, because it's going to come eventually. Like, worried about your mother-in-law coming and staying with you for 3 months? Stop worrying. Because She's still coming. 

Worried about how your son is going to handle the bullying because he has glasses. Stop worrying. Prepare him, and yourself, with the right words (and karate class) and have a little faith. 

Worried that other's will pick up on the facade you put on, trying to be a perfect wife and mom? Stop worrying. And start living a life for you. 

Worried that kids won't make it to college? Stop worrying. Grab some books and after school activities and watch them shine?

My favorite phase when it comes to worrying is actually from the Bible. Matthew 6:34 states "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." That pretty much sums it up. You only have so much to deal with today, let tomorrow's worries wait until tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment