Much Needed Letters That Need To Be Sent


Dear Math Class,
I still don't understand you. I know our relationship is coming to an end, you know it, I know it, but I feel like this man has completely come between us. Sure he may seem like he knows everything and knows all the answers, but this guy, this "professor" has nailed a wedge between us, Math. He has come between us and I feel like I don't even know you anymore. Your not the same person to me dear Math Class. Right now I should be with you, but because of my "late night partying" with my other assignments and classes, I totally forgot about you. I'm sorry. I must admit that next Saturday will have to be the last time we meet. I hope that once this professor disappears, I'll be able to understand you more, but until then, I bid you adieu!

Sincerely,
Desperately Confused

Dear Housecleaning Business,
For so long I have worked on you. I've tried to make you better, more efficient, more money making savvy, but there always seems to be something that gets in the way as well. This is not a break up letter, understand that my love, but I am determined to make you start working on your side as well. I put so much effort into you and what to I get in return...Nothing. You better start pulling your own weight too mister. This is a warning.

Sincerely,
Your tired boss

Dear Truly,
Do I have to go into the ballet studio with you every time you have ballet? I mean I know you just turned 2 and are a little afraid, but it is quite humiliating for me as well honey. I mean, those mirrors do nothing for the extra 20 lbs I'm carrying, and neither does your skinny, little young, instructor does much for my self esteem. I do enjoy sitting on the wooden floor and watching you prance around the studio with all your little friends, but I'd rather do it outside the studio, with the other parents deary. I know you love your ballet class, but please stop smiling at yourself in the mirrors and listen to your instructor. When she says "heel - toe" do not attempt to do a flip on the ballet barre just to hear your tap shoes go POW!

Sincerely & Much Love,
Your overwhelmed mother 

5 comments:

  1. Stopping by from SITS.

    Those letters made me laugh. Sometimes that is the best way to vent.
    Your little girl is adorable!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words!! I think I need to write some letters myself, just to get some things off my chest ... definitely a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SITS, thanks for the smile. LOVE the letters, cracked me up. Gave me a new perspective :)

    Your daughter is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first letter absolutely cracked me up! And your daughter is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my new blog and commenting; it made me smile! For the longest time I struggled with math, it is one of those subjects that you either get or don't and if you do you feel like you can take on the world! It sounds like you are spread too thin this semester and you are making a wise choice to come back to math another semester. Good luck and if you need any advice on student teaching, send your questions, vents, ect. my way and I'll be happy to "talk" to you, :)

    ReplyDelete