Nap Time Me Time


Feet up. Movie Playing. Bowl of Rice Krispies with a couple of drizzles of honey.

If you walked into the living room right now you would know it's Truly's naptime. For 2 hours each day I get total relaxation, 2 hours of doing absolutely nothing and just enjoying myself.  I used to crowd Truly's nap time with doing laundry, cleaning the room and bathroom, catching up with schoolwork, but now I have learned to devote those precious 2 hours in the middle of the day to myself, whether it be giving myself a manicure, to taking nap as well. I leave all that extra stuff that I have to do after Truly goes to bed at night, or I get up early before she wakes up.

But now, as I finish this bowl of cereal and watch Rose Red on the Scifi Channel, I find some time to write a quick post. I have lately found myself being too attached to my computer, phone, or other electronic objects while I should be playing with Truly. So here I am squeezing in some post time. Now if you don't mind, I only have one more hour til my little monster starts yelling down the stairs, "Mama!!! Where are you!!!??"

How do you spend your absolute free time?

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE nap time, though I too am guilty of spending it doing housework. However, since my daughter entered the world three weeks ago, I have learned to appreciate the advice to "sleep when your bab(ies) sleep". So now I do my best not to flip out about cleaning and just rest. Soon I'll have to hire a maid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to call naptime, "Happy Hour". As much as I dearly love my boys, I LOVE naptime. I NEED naptime. And the only thing better is BEDTIME.

    Love your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free time? Napping. Or being a couch potato. Or going for a nice walk. Or gardening (even though I SUCK at it!)

    Visiting you from SITS--have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nap time is divine when I can actually get both kids down at the same time with no debating. When I get mommy time I catch up on my shows I recorded on DVR, post a blog, or eat junk food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 3 year old does not like to nap now. Sigh. She goes like the bunny until sundown! On the rare naptime I tput my feet up and watch tv or read. Visiting from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 hours???? You lucky lady. My little man is not a fan of nap time and he's a night owl. What I wouldn't give for 2 whole hours in a row. Ahhhhhhh. If I did have it I would spend it pouring over the fashion mags I've been neglecting lately. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. once upon I time, I too could catch a 2 hour nap but here lately I find myself waking to laughing 2 year olds running from one end of the hall to the next, 2 is way too young to outgrow naps!

    visiting from sits

    ReplyDelete