I've decided that I seriously need to get my finances in check. With a wedding coming up and "what's yours will be mine", I seriously do not want to burden my family with my..um..debts. I have numerous credit cards and store cards that I've used to make myself happy, but now that they are full and am paying a trillion dollars in interest, I am no longer happy. Figures, right? The worst part about it is that Truly and I live with my family, so I do not have to pay rent, utilities, and all that other good stuff when you live on your own. The only real things I spend my money on each month are things for Truly, me, and the rest go to my credit cards. Sound simple enough? I thought so too, but with eating out all the time, buying things I want, not need, I am always left penny less when it comes to bill time.
So what do I need? A total financial makeover! Makeover's are fun, but when it means that I can no longer spend how I want to, it just sucks all the fun out of it. Better sucking out the fun, than sucking all my money.
So what's the plan? *Sigh* Here it is:
1. Make more money. Easier said then done. But with all my businesses and the power of eBay and Craigslist, it can be easily done.
2. Buy Groceries. Instead of spending $150 on eating out each month, I'll spend $20 each week at the grocery store (this is for a 2 year old) and buy her food then.
3. Transfer balances on my high interest cards.
4. Pay off the lowest balances on cards first, and work my way up.
5. Remember that If I save now, I'm saving for a better future.
I'm thinking about staring up a finance blog to blog about my journey to become debt free Hmm... Yeah as if I need another blog! We'll see :-)