10 Things I Learned From My Grandmother

I love my grandmother. As with Filipino tradition, she has lived with us my entire life. Living with her, I have picked up the 10 things I have learned from her.

1. The more artificial plants and trees you have in your house, the classier it really is.

2. When the sign in the store says Buy One, Get One, you better buy 3 and demand the 3 free. Even if it says the offer is only good for one. And you'll win.



3. Smile at everyone you see. Talk to everyone you see. Leave a good impression every place you leave.

4. Have many purses. Love few.

5. Eggs gives you beautiful eyes. So does fish, rice, cereal, tomatoes, onions, cheese, garlic, broccoli.....

6. Perfume alone doesn't cut it. What's the point of perfume if your breath smells horrid. Invest in a good toothpaste and mouthwash, then buy the perfume.

7. Have respect for your elders. Even if you are wrong.

8. You have to wear heels because your a girl. Girls shouldn't have flat feet.

9. America is one of the few places where you can get your education by unlimited means. Go to school all the way and get your doctorates. In anything.

10. No matter what ... Family is always first.

3 comments:

  1. Your grandmother is priceless! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    Grandmother's often understand the ways of the world in ways we never can. I'm especially partial to the one about the shoes ;)

    Great blog, I'm gonna follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Makes me think about my own Nana who's been gone over 20 years. She taught me so many things. Thanks for reminding me.

    Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete