Anyone else think To-Do Lists are pointless?


Here I am again, with a growing to-do list, but I find myself here. As Truly sleeps I sit here on the floor gazing at my new pink laptop (thanks Apple!) and listening to Taylor Swift. Her music isn't just good, I think it's beautiful. Very poetic and just honest. 

My To-Do list as of this evening:

1. Piles of Schoolwork
2. Fold Clothes
3. Organize Desk
4. Clean Bathroom
5. Fold Clothes
6. Piles of Schoolwork
7. Fold Clothes!!!

You get the picture...

Taylor Swift is making me realize, that I have all these things to do but I just need to take a time out for myself every now and then. No matter how hard I try or how late I stay up, this list is going to keep on growing, but me, I need to take care of as well. As of right now I have a 9 more pages of Art Appreciation to write for an exam, a couple of chapters of Ethics to read, and let's not get started on that Government class again, (can I say mountains of chapters.)

Here I am complaining again, no need to complain, because school is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I mean for awhile, I didn't want to go back to school, I just wanted to work on this "cleaning business" and try to make it successful. Then reality hit and I knew Truly needed to come first. Plus, being a boss of a business didn't really excite me anymore. I didn't want the responsibility of employees and taxes and clients. No Way. Just give me desk, a computer, a group of students and call me an easy going teacher! I had always wanted to be a teacher, and what better than going to work and talk about my favorite things: English Literature and Writing. I should be going into my 3rd year of college, but instead I am just going into my 2nd year, which is ok, as long as I am done with college by the time Truly starts school then everything is fine. 

And by the way...that whole sleeping late and waking up early to get work done, so true, definitely working for me now! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I am bad at prioritizing! I used to be organized but now I just blame it on the kids! haha

    Taylor Swift rocks!

    ReplyDelete