Lazy Chef Stepfanie

Thursday, January 21 2009


I'm a horrible cook. Ok, that may have sounded a bit harsh, I don't really think I am a horrible cook. I'm just a lazy cook. I love microwavable food, anything that I can pop in the oven for 30 minutes, and reading recipes. I can defeintly follow a recipe. What I can't do is stand there in my kitchen, open the fridge and pantry, and think "Hmmm, what can I make?" If there aren't any instructions, you probably won't see Stepfanie cooking. It's not that I havn't tried, I just don't have the patience. I usually wait til the last minute where my stomach is growling and attacking me starving and I just don't have the patience to stand over the boiling pot of water.


Can I blame my mother for this? She never cooked either. She knows how, sure, but my stepdad has always done the cooking in our house. Her philosophy was, and is, "I don't want to cook and clean after you, so let's just go out." It's a philosophy I have chosen to say with my daughter. "We are hungey, I don't want to wash dishes and clean the table, let's go get some italian food down the street!"


I will admit that the other day I made awesome garlic macaroni and cheese from scratch that Truly and I inhaled in .0003 seconds. So it's not that I can't cook, it's just my timing is all wrong! :-/


How do you set aside time for cooking, any advice would be great!

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from SITS :)

    Nice blog and funny post, at all :)

    Have a sweet and so blessed day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one day a week as my menu planning day(not that it takes the whole day), but I write out the menu for the week, do the grocery shopping, etc.

    Cooking During Stolen Moments is a site that I get a lot of my recipes from. They are easy, kid-friendly, and good! She even does a menu planning service that is very reasonably priced. I've been wanting to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from SITS!

    It's bad. I only really cook on the weekends. It's way too hard for me to figure anything out on the week days, especially since my job likes to pretend I don't have a life outside of it.

    ReplyDelete