Our Guilty Pleasure

My 2 year old and I have this understanding. We love the movies. I've always loved going to the movies. Everything about the theaters drives me crazy. Sounds orgasmic? It is. The popcorn, the nachos, the seats, the darkness, the loudness, and just the fact that your watching this awesome movie on this huge screen. I mean c'mon, that's pretty cool if you ask me.

So when my daughter was born, I knew my movie going days were over for some time. I was not going to be that mother who brought the stroller into the movie theater. Not only was I afraid for my daughter's hearing, but who would want to pay for a movie ticket, then have to leave 15 minutes into it because there baby, who they thought was a good idea to bring in the movie, is crying?! Not me. Sure I would go to the movies every once in a while, but I waited patiently until I was able to take my daughter, hand in hand, to go share this awesome experience I called movie going.

So she made it. 2 years old, I forgot exactly what she watched, but we watched it. The whole movie. She bought her little kids pack of popcorn, candy, and a drink (I know I know, not so healthy, but I cut her a break when we go), and was ready to be entertained.

About a dozen movies later, including Twilight AND New Moon :-) (yes she loves loves loves Edward and sat through both of them), my daughter and I are obsessed with catching the latest flicks at the theater. She pays for the tickets, gets our snacks, and chooses the seats. She knows that that is her and mommy time and we laugh and cry, and get fat on salty food together.

Bonding at its best.

Do you have something special that you and your kids do together? Something reserved just for them?


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Babybottoms to get big enough to shut the hell up during a movie LOL she's gonna be my new movie buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It's definitely great having a movie buddy at your beckoning! But when she turns 3 I might have to start paying for her ticket so that might bite a little bit into my budget with this monster I've created lol

    ReplyDelete